Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.
Treating yourself with the utmost love and respect is the best gift you can give yourself and others. You can do very typical and sometimes free activities that are beneficial for you. Typical things like getting a manicure and pedicure and free things like going to a park, writing yourself a love letter, and saying what’s on your mind. Those are all examples of how putting yourself first fuels you and creates a path for you to live your life according to you.
We are saying buh-bye to doing everything for practically everyone and living a life we think we are supposed to live based on false pretenses.
Here’s why doing simple things like getting a manicure and pedicure are important (It can be any simple thing. I’m using mani and pedi as an example):
- It’s one of those ultimate self-care activities you can do for yourself because you are literally taking a backseat and letting someone else take control while you relax.
- You can be as creative as you want and get seasonal, vibrant colors or keep it simple with a French manicure.
- You’ll get your chakras in gear because most likely, especially if you frequent the place, you chat (throat chakra) and meet new people, show appreciation and generosity by giving a tip and saying thank you (heart chakra), or just getting it done for something special like date night (sacral and root chakra).
- You can have a ladies night in and do your nails while chilling in your own home.
The free stuff works well too:
- Love dogs? Go to a dog park! It’s therapeutic. You may meet the love of your life there or have an Aha moment about life.
- Visit a historical park. I live in Philadelphia, PA and people come from around the world to visit our parks and museums.
- Write a love letter to yourself. Yes. Write the letter and mail it to yourself. Spray it with perfume.
Entertain that thought…There’s always something that we always wanted to do. Now is the time to put that thought to work.
- Grab a friend, go to a hair supply store, and try on a few crazy color wigs just to get your mind to entertain the thought of being a bit silly and imaginative. Buy one and wear it the next ladies night out or for the hell of it. By doing this, you are tapping into your child-like imagination of what would it be like if…
- Buy an outfit that is a bit daring and compliments your body type at the same time. Redefine the little black dress. By doing this, you entertain the thought of being the hottest woman trotting her stuff! This is to get you into the mindset that you are worth it, whatever “it” is to you. Don’t look for others to compliment you. Compliment yourself! Go right to that mirror and say, “I’m a sexy goddess. That’s right!’
Devote some time to you.
When you wake up in the morning, do a goddess devotion. For example, you can say, “ I am a true goddess and I honor myself each day.” Imagine what that means to you. Write about it, say it out loud, dance, get into that grove!
Take inventory of what you do, what you use, and what is around you.
Ask yourself the following questions and ascertain if it’s something you need to change, do, or remove from your life completely.
- What types of soaps do you use for your body?
- Do you exfoliate or have any skin care regiments?
- What perfumes do you use and why?
- Do you drink a lot of water?
- Do you bless your food and drink?
- Do you tune up your body via Reiki and other healing modalities?
- Do you make time for rest?
- Do you love your body?
- Do you exercise and how often?
- Do you take deep breaths?
- Have you just relaxed today?
- When was the last time you danced naked or in your underwear?
Treating yourself like a goddess is having the wisdom to know that there has to be time for honoring yourself, to relax and rejuvenate, to be adventurous and discover what works for you, and the list goes on. There’s no need to feel guilty because you can’t pour from an empty cup. Think about how you want to show up in the world. You want to be your most radiant unapologetic self!
Connect with the Grecian goddess of wisdom Athena to gain and maintain your wisdom of what true balance is and what it means to adore yourself! Below is a message I have channeled from Athena, which is in my book To Be Goddess Every Woman Is A Goddess Discover Your Domain In Which You Reign Supreme.
Athena’s Wisdom Decree
Wisdom is within me
I unlock the treasure chest of my wisdom
Wisdom is something I hear, feel, know, and see
With Athena’s sword, I remove and falsehoods from my Queen-dom
Wisdom is a great gift and I shall use it in a great way every day
To be of service, to be reasonable, to be fair and just
I evoke my innate goddess wisdom so that it is reflected in everything I do and say
To Be a Goddess of wisdom, all of this is a must
How will you adore yourself today?
Let me know in the comments below!
Receive Transformational & Spiritual Freebies
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.