What happens when we put tons of work into our spirituality but something happens to throw us off our A game? That time period where we just need to heal, cope, and plan. This can be from a myriad of situations, such as the result of a major life event, being fired from your job, or having a surgical procedure.
Just because we have been practicing and learning how to master our spirituality doesn’t mean we don’t go through the emotional rollercoaster of life. It more so has to do with us being conscious of the situation and how we approach the situation, mentally, spiritually, and physically.
So, how do we return to our greatness when we hit a slump or setback for whatever reason? This question was asked of me from my private Facebook group and I developed 5 ways to get us normally high vibin’ folk back on track! Below are 5 ways to do just that!
1. Remember Who You Are
Have you ever watched a movie where the hero feels defeated and her crew (or the solo quest) reminds her of her true abilities and who she is fighting for? Exactly. We have to start by remembering who we are, what we are capable of doing, and our why. So, I ask you:
- Who are you?
- What can you do right now?
- What’s your why aka purpose for doing what you do?
2. Re-evaluate Situations & People
If you had a bit of trouble answering the questions above, then it’s time to do some evaluations. Let’s start with ascertaining whether or not you are happy with where are you in life (minus the reason of your setback). Do you like your job, yourself, what you’re doing, and the people you choose to surround yourself? If the answer is no in any one of the places mentioned, then it’s time to clean house! Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- What strategic plan can I create so I’m in a career that I love?
- What wellness plan can I create to challenge me to do better for me?
- How are the people in my life teaching and supporting me?
3. Solely Focus On You
This is where we buckle down and go to work. Once you get on the path of doing better for yourself, you’ll see that people and situations will phase out of your life if they serve no value in your life. This is the time when you go to the gym even if you don’t feel like it, buy healthier foods, get on track to obtain the career you want, saying no, saying yes to you, and the list goes on. Social media and gossip are so far down your list that you’ll probably watch TV less and less and have to remind yourself to go on social media to catch up with a few buddies who live long distance.
Nothing clears the mind like leaving an environment you’re familiar with to experience a culture. This is one reason why in many tribes, the boy is removed from the village to go on a quest with some of the males. For me, traveling also puts life into perspective. For example, while I was in the Bahamas, I learned that everyone has a PO box and there isn’t a mail delivery service. Can you say spoiled to those, like myself, who gets their regular mail delivered to their home? I would check my mail once a week or bi-weekly!
Nevertheless, traveling is a great way to experience new air, people, culture, and yourself in a different way. Bring a travel journal with you to do some reflection, which leads me to my last point.
In episode 150: Quieting The Over-Worked Mind & Expecting Miracles With Rosella LaFevre on The Spiritual & Empowerment Living With Tia podcast, we discussed journalling. While I love to write and jot down what I remember from my dreams in the notes section of my phone, I never thought of journaling as a thing for me. Heck, I even have a travel journal! After speaking with several people about journalling, here’s what I have learned:
- It’s very therapeutic
- It’s a great way to reflect
- Get’s things off your chest
- Solves problems
So why not give journalling a try? If you’re like me and thinking, “Okay but how do I PROTECT my thoughts? I don’t need my roommate/child/guest seeing what I wrote.” I got you covered! You can use password protection on a Microsoft Word document. You can use the password code on the iPhone to protect your notes. You can save it in a folder that’s inside of another folder labeled taxes or expenses haha. You can email it to yourself.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Give yourself time as you are in this rebooting phase. Some of us take longer to regroup than others. Don’t let this stop you from restoring your greatness. Remember, we are multi-dimensional beings so we have to take care of things from multiple levels.
- Don’t be overly critical of yourself because you’re a high vibrational being. We’ve heard it before, whether it was said to us or someone else, “If you’re so spiritual, why can’t you heal yourself?” Doctor’s go to doctors, right? Teachers go to teachers, right? Do let people test you in that way. Screw them for trying to find a fault in your lifestyle.
- You may become completely different for good reasons. Sometimes, we aren’t meant to return to the person we once were but to enhance ourselves and rise like a Phoenix.
- Some people will not be onboard with this change. If it was meant to be then those people who have an issue with you changing for the better wouldn’t have an issue with you doing better. They will make sure that you continue to be great. They’ll give you time to heal, evaluate, etc and then it’s time to get to work.
How do you get back into your high vibin’ self? What points will you start today? Let me know below in the comments section!
Receive Transformational & Spiritual Freebies
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.